Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Moon

The moon
Peers in through the window pane
And through the glass
It perches on the pier
In a poised pose
Against the purple night
Before plunging under water
And penetrating the ocean glass
On scale with the sun


written on 5-6-08

So there's a first taste of a poetry blog. Now you can start checking back daily for new posts. I was giving new readers a chance to read the first entry, but now I will just move on. If you haven't read the first post, go back and read it. Because that blog is from a complete different part of my mind... so if you read only one or the other, it's like taking half of my brain away, and that is not very nice. 

Today's word of the day: melody

If you read each blog, you might find that many of the word of the days are in a good number of my poems, because they are my favorite words.

One more thing, if you post comments, I might not be able to reply if you haven't changed your setting to public or whatever. So do that.

Hope you all check back soon...

emmy davis

1 comment:

WES HARTLEY said...

i like the word "halcyon"
enjoy it!