Monday, July 7, 2008

So I am starting to blog.

I guess that sentence will have to suffice for a set-off to my life as a blogger. I was racking my head for a more well thought out, or I don't know... bigger worded sentence that would take readers by surprise while enticing them to continue reading, all the while grabbing their attention and  making them want to read my blogs everyday, and that would ignite a desire in them so that they might want to blog as well, and we could form a band of spare-time bloggers, make tee shirts, and go around town doing stuff like putting out flyers and planting trees. But I guess that will do. In fact, the latter half of that sentence wouldn't probably ever even work out anyway.

Just to let you know what to expect, probably about half of my blogs will be composed of paragraphs somewhat like the one you read earlier (most of you probably are thinking the words "oh boy" right about now), and about half will be original poetry. Good thing I used the word "original," because now you're impressed, right? 
 
If the two "about" halves don't add up to a whole, the other two or three percent left over will be for smaller entries, like a thought or a word cluster of some sort.
If the halves do add up to a whole-hundred, the remaining two percent will be used for math lessons.
But how would that be measured, anyway? Sorry, this blog site contains only 98% of complete blogs. So don't expect any more.

Also, at the end of each blog there will be a word of the day.
I like words. I wish I had one of my very own. But my mom won't let me get one.

And so that's pretty close to how my blogs will pan out...

So I hope you all enjoy... and mainly just keep reading... don't worry, they'll get better.

word of the day: swallow

See y'all!

5 comments:

Rita Tovar :) said...

emmy, i thought it was wonderful. :)

sandbear1111 said...

haha well if the total percent doesn't add up to 98% then my whole experience with your blog will be ruined. don't let me down.

WES HARTLEY said...

Emmy...I am looking forward to enjoying the poetry of your like....thanks for sharing it with us.

cole and amy bruce said...

you live in poetry...i AM poetry...good luck with your math..

your a awesome riter...i think your good at riting.

Anonymous said...

I think YOU are a beautiful melodious bloom. And that is not just because I am your grandmother either.

Of course, I love your writing.

How about the word "cherish"? That's a nice word.

Grandmama