Sunday, July 20, 2008

Radio

So I found this online radio called Pandora, and I think you all should check it out. It is actually a radio station designed for your taste... you enter in a couple things like your birthday and  one artist you like, and it builds you a station. I want mine to be called 99.5 the pterodactyl. Because a flying dinosaur could dominate a wolf.

While I'm listening, I have figured out what makes this radio different-- kind of a peculiar emptiness, but it doesn't seem like anything good is missing. Then I figured it out: there are no DJs, no commercials, no multi-stacked, crazy-harmonied radio jingles, no compressed explosion sounds at the end of each song, and most of all, no truck ads.
Have you ever noticed how often one of those comes on?
Maybe it's because I always have it on a country station, but still, how many trucks do they think I'm going to buy? Oh good, this truck has free insurance with purchase of insurance. Now I can check that off my list.
Not to mention they're super hard to understand. What if all commercials were like that?
"Bbbbbbuy our NEW NEW NEW Bbbbetty Crcrcrcrockker PAN...CAKE... PPPPUFFER!" 
I mean, I don't know why they're selling those anyway.
Pancakes are naturally flat.
If I wanted a  cake puff, I would buy some kind of product that cooks puffball pancakes. Oh wait, it all makes sense to me now. 

Another thing that struck me about DJs is that they are actually a lot like bloggers. They constantly think of and produce long streams of words or commentaries on things that have nothing to do with anything important. Well that's about to change. My blog will now start to talk about only things of the utmost importance.
Here we go...



nevermind.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude this Pandora thing rocks. I'm listening to it right now!